PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Australian pilots can work for US regionals.
Old 17th Oct 2019, 17:13
JPJP

Received 22 Likes on 6 Posts
Originally Posted by DUXNUTZ

Respectfully disagree. Only place that comes to mind is Atlas/Southern and you really don’t know what you’re in for if you decide to go work there. Go to one of the job fairs if you disagree and see the long lines of hopeful still aiming for a legacy job. My sort of Legacy airline I work for hires green card holders, but even that’s a stretch at most places.

By all means come over to a regional on an E3, do your time and try to somehow become a permanent resident but if your waiting for E3 floodgates at United, Delta, American I think you’ll be waiting a long time. Can’t even see it at the LCCs to be honest, even Frontier. Rightfully so. I’m a citizen and I’ve had my fare share of angst thrown at me for stealing American jobs.

I agree with most of your points. Especially the Atlas/Southern cess pit. I could see Frontier and Atlas doing E3s at some point though.

The underlined sections gave me pause. There is no “stretch” with a green card. It’s a legal right to work. In over 20 years here, I’ve never heard of any holder having an issue. It’s against the law. And they don’t care.

Your “sort of legacy airline” ? There is only one sort. Perhaps just an odd choice of words ?

I’ve never heard a word about ‘stealing jobs’. But, your experience, is your experience. So I wouldn’t dispute it. Perhaps you’re talking about at a Regional level ? Even there I never heard a word. But, that was before E3 etc. On the other hand; some mouth breathing rednecks have found their voice. That may have changed the landscape.

I do hear a lot more Australian accents on the radio.

Cheers 🍻