PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - CRP-5 or E6B for EASA ATPL
View Single Post
Old 17th Oct 2019, 11:56
math341c

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question CRP-5 or E6B for EASA ATPL

Hello guys nice to meet you, I am a young student 21 years old, from Denmark, that has started some months ago on my modular course, and I really love this flying thing and these nice views from the sky, and I look forward to take hard action and be happy to finish my CPL and ATPL in a few years. I am currently studying PPL and I am flying around my country. I am about to fly my first navigation routes soon, and I need this computer to do calculations to my flight plan, and of course to use the computer for ATPL exams. Well from as it looks like now. I have two choices:

-The CRP-5 which cost almost 130 dollars. (and it is made of plastic).
-And the E6B COLOR which only costs about 55 dollars (and it's made of aluminum).

My question is, what is the big difference between these two. I would really like to take the E6B. The price is much better, plus it is made of aluminum which gives it a longer lifetime. Can I pass EASA ATPL exams and fly in Europe by using the E6B? I see no reason at all buying the CRP-5 it is so expensive and only made of plastic. I heard some rumors that E6B is only for FAA students, and some problems with the units.

I hope you can help me out guys.

Is there anyone here how passed ATPL (EASA) and flight in europe without any problem, by using the E6B?