PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Question around Go-arounds
View Single Post
Old 17th Oct 2019, 10:53

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Antonio Montana
With the greatest of respect 419,
How do you know it was not reported?
You were not in the flight deck, your perception of the normal time the landing gear is extended could be wrong?
It was a non event, you landed safely.
Who is to say that there was not a problem dropping the landing gear?
Just a thought.
I have no idea if it was reported or not. I was simply giving my opinion to the comment stating that they are not reported:
A go around is carried out because the option to continue would have resulted in something undesirable. They are always the safest choice. They are not dangerous. They are not reportable.
Correct, I wasn't in the flight deck but after going into St Lucia on 50+ occasions at the time (now well over 100 times), I can generally estimate at what part of the approach the gear will be lowered and on the flight in question, I know for a fact that when the GA was initiated, the aircraft gear was still up despite the aircraft being far closer to the end of the runway than is normally the case.
If as you say, there may have been a problem with the dropping the landing gear then surely this just confirms my earlier comment of:
Surely whether or not it is a reportable occurrence depends on the reason for the GA.