PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - R44 down Sherburn airfield
View Single Post
Old 16th Oct 2019, 20:46
Ovc000

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
I wouldn't go that far with my service to hold a willy or in a female case, well let's not go there. I would keep an eye on the customer as he/she could also suffer internal bleeding or any other injuries. But hindsight is always easy and I don't know the setup of the school, so maybe he/she could escape........Having said that, If he used the toilet in the restaurant (I recently was at sherburn and even saw LLIZ), then he couldn't escape unnoticed. Still think someone should have kept an eye on him/her (without the special service).

Every incident/accident should indeed be a learning point, otherwise it's just another sad mistake anyone else will do again at some point.
Poor airmanship during training, you got a point there although he was on a solo flight so I assume at least 20 hours which should also come with at least 20-30 hours of briefings, starting every lesson with airmanship & TEM.
But I must admit that nobody ever told me NOT to run away if I would crash, guess it's..........common sense?
I'm not judging the accident itself (unless any stimulants where involved), accidents can happen. I think that everyone will agree that sometimes gravity wins. It's the aftermath that's questionable.

I'll wait until the report comes and see what happened, although the reports sadly are not always accurate :-( .
Stay safe.