PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - N registration aircraft permanently in Canada?
Old 16th Oct 2019, 16:29
India Four Two

Received 74 Likes on 46 Posts
Pilot DAR,

Thanks for your input. The 90 day limit is referred to in CAR 202.42. In my first post, I made a mistake in my URL.

202.42 (1) Subject to section 203.03, no person shall operate in Canada an aircraft that is registered in a foreign state that has been present in Canada for a total of 90 days or more in the immediately preceding twelve-month period unless ...
The "unless" section is the usual difficult read (unless you are a lawyer), but I am pretty sure it confirms my suspicion that there is no way a private N-registered aircraft can be based in Canada.

https://laws-lois.justice.gc.ca/eng/....html#s-202.42

I have been aware of this issue since the 80s, when I worked for an oil company in Calgary whose president had a Jetstar. Since he couldn't (or wouldn't) register it in Canada, it was based in Great Falls and flown the 240 miles to Calgary, each time he wanted to use it!

Finally, where you going to find an AME familiar with Rallyes ?
RBF,
That was one of my observations too. Also, would have to be an American AME. That would be like looking for a Unicorn!