PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Hawk XX204 Service Inquiry
View Single Post
Old 16th Oct 2019, 15:34
Distant Voice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Posted By Orca
I also note that the lack of the 2017 simulator sorties was not elevated to DDH, let alone ODH.
I understand that it is the responsibility of the AOC to sign off, following a flying demonstration, that all aspects of pre-season operations are safe and ready. I respectfully suggest that this is not limited to how smart the crews and aircraft are, or whether smoke comes on at the right time, but all round training and associated paperwork. In the XX 149 SI report, dated 29th April 2012, it is recommended that the AOC 22 Group should, amongst several other things,

(1) Develop an effective Unified Risk Register in accordance with RA 1210.
(2) Conduct a risk assessment to ensure any work load associated risks from RAFAT tasking and flying rate, for all personnel, are suitably mitigated such that they are Tolerable and ALARP.

What did AOC 22 Gp do to comply with those recommendations, and how was it monitored? No need to have the risk elevated to him, the XX 149 had done that. Was his answer to simply arrange for 'risk register transition to BowTie analysis' (para 1.4.413). Well the effectiveness of such an action can be seem at para 1.3.8.

'In examining the RAFAT BowTies that were active at the time of the accident, the Panel could find no evidence of where the flying of SC or Circus had been considered, and consequently there was no evidence of the SC training syllabus having been used as a barrier within a threat line.'

DV