PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Modular V Integrated (Merged) - Look here before starting a new thread!
Old 16th Oct 2019, 11:31
Goatea999

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Making decision around route/school

Hi folks

I am around 20ish hours into my PPL and considering next steps in terms of my flying. I currently have a non aviation related management related career. When starting my flying it was just a hobby and I was just planning on carrying on with my current career . However the more i fly the more im starting to realise that I enjoy it far too much not to pursue it as a career. However, my problem is that I feel overwhelmed with choice/the weight of making the right decision in terms of flight school/route (integrated/modular) to take. I am in the really fortunate position that funding is not an issue but just feel unable to take the next step due to this indecision, this is also linked to the fact it means turning my life on its head. (Sell house/get rid of car/turn back on current career)

Just wondered if anyone who has been in this position could share how they made the choice? Also any people with experience of making these big life/career changes to pursue their flying and how they eventually got to the point of making the decision just to go for it?!