PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Australian pilots can work for US regionals.
Old 14th Oct 2019, 20:50
Captain.Crunch

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by Professional Amateur
Are you coming over CC? If so are you set on Go Jet? If your not set on them perhaps go to another carrier. Everything seems so loose and fast over here that the rules and policies change monthly.

Its like a reality show with allegences made and broken every episode.

Southern is also taking aussies. Did you hear the Frontier trial stuff from the horses mouth...or second hand?

FWIW. Iwrote to United re the Aviate program and got a response. To paraphrase it said 'we dont sponser now...but we may in the future'.

Reading into it too much? Dont know but there is a change in language from the normal....'we dont sponsor people to work'...

Yes I am, have a start date with GoJet, but friends at Expressjet reccomend I go there instead. I have an interview setup for tomorrow with them. Do you think they are a better option?

With the Gojet deals I think ATLAS/Southern are considered one and the same? And yes I heard that directly from the Frontier recruiter. "We are currently reviewing the possibility of hiring Australians, with a plan to trial a few. Please keep in touch with us "

That is definitely a good sign about United. If Australians maintain a good track record over there, I don't see why things wouldn't trend that way. They need pilots.. we are pilots... and we are easy and cheap to sponsor/get rid of haha..