PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - UH-1H missing from Coffs Harbour 6th Sept 2019
Old 14th Oct 2019, 09:52
Autonomous Collectiv

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
C.A.O. 20.18 appendix VIII quoted below, different appendix for Ag ops:-

Appendix VIII
Instruments required for night V.M.C. flight in helicopters except while engaged in agricultural operations
1 The flight and navigational instruments required are:
(a) an airspeed indicating system; and
(b) a sensitive pressure altimeter; and
(c) (i) a direct reading magnetic compass; or
(ii) a remote indicating compass and a standby direct reading magnetic compass; and
(d) an accurate timepiece indicating the time in hours, minutes and seconds. This may be carried on the person of the pilot or navigator; and
(e) an outside air temperature indicator; and
(f) an attitude indicator (artificial horizon); and
(i) standby attitude indicator; or
(ii) turn indicator; and
(g) a heading indicator (directional gyroscope); and
(h) a slip indicator; and
(i) a vertical speed indicator; and
(j) means of indicating whether the power supply to the gyroscopic instruments is working satisfactorily.
2 For operations onto vessels or platforms at sea by night an instantaneous vertical speed indicator is required in place of the vertical speed indicator specified at paragraph 1 (i) of this Appendix.
3 The attitude indicator and standby attitude indicator or turn indicator as specified in paragraph 1 (f) of this Appendix, must have separate and independent power sources.
4 A gyro-magnetic type of remote indicating compass installed to meet the requirements of subparagraph 1 (c) (ii) of this Appendix may be considered also to meet the requirement for a heading indicator specified in paragraph 1 (g) of this Appendix, provided that such installation complies with the power supply requirements of
clause 3 of this Appendix.
Authorised Version F2017C01115 registered 04/12/20