PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - MAX’s Return Delayed by FAA Reevaluation of 737 Safety Procedures
Old 14th Oct 2019, 00:28
gums

Received 55 Likes on 16 Posts
Salute!
The Joint report and Grebe's suggestion for a "fix" and Sully's assertion concerning crew recovery with a rogue MCAS brings me back to some of my original thots.
- if a sim can duplicate the change in pitch control force versus AoA, how come the real plane "feel" system can't? And my copy of the FCOM shows some sort of pitch feel doofer and I m not ure exactly how that thingie works. So a high tine 737 driver should comment here, huh?
- could a 737 driver comment on the control force as the plane approaches the shaker criteria/ Does the sucker tell you that you are puilling hard and if you pull harder you will crash and burn?
- My opinion is that the rope, cable, pushrod and pulley mentality of the jet;s legacy required it to pass the same requirements as my old Champ or Luscombe. Ditto for the T-37 most USAF pilots flew from early 60's, and the T-33 as well. Meanwhile the Airbus 320 and heirs paid no attention to control force versus AoA or airspeed ( "q') or mach. They were certified and have flown since early 90's.

I would love to see the data for the plane as the pilots increased AoA at 20K and 2K. How much actual aero force feedback is transmitted back thru all the mechanical gear to the controls? Better, I would pay a zillion to try it myself.

Gotta go back to my cave now, but will stay tuned.

Gums sends...