PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Multiple unrelated Non-Normals in simulator training
Old 13th Oct 2019, 22:34
Nightstop

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I’ll always remember my conversion course LPC/OPC on the 737 simulator at Stockley Park LHR, examiner was ex BA with an interesting history I believe. He often wore a cravat and was more interested in horses at Badminton than us converts from the much maligned BAe146. Anyway, with a GB Airways observer on the Sim jumpseat and CAA Inspector as well, me and my F/O were subjected to what only can be described as pilot abuse. Multiple unrelated Emergencies were piled upon us with the intention to establish our breaking point. We managed to rise above all and succeed. My signed Training file was thrown at me, while my colleague did his 737 simulator Base training preparation detail. I let it fall to the floor without attempting to catch it and told “Captain Cravat” to pick it up. On leaving the Sim building, in freezing weather on 31st December1999, Captain Cravat was unable to start his horse box towing Volvo. What goes around, comes around.