PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - TUI Airways
Thread: TUI Airways
View Single Post
Old 13th Oct 2019, 21:11
LBAflyer22

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by GAXLN
They have sent a clear and early message to jet2.com as to their intentions in the north. Decision now for jet2.com as to what capacity they add and where. TUI probably hoping that it will influence jet2.com’s plans for capacity increases (i.e. moderate). Risk for TUI is that it may prompt the opening of new bases elsewhere as others have suggested so that they don’t have their own way in the south or will TUI be left to fight it out with easyJet holidays. Interesting times indeed for the UK holiday market as to what summer 20 eventually looks like and especially if pound continues to recover.
They may have sent a message but if i was in the board room of Jet2 i'm sure i wouldn't be as worried as the other way. Why? Well Jet2 has no new aircraft orders (unlike TUI which has the no-fly MAX). Thet sounds odd however they don't build orders into fleet plan, like TUI, for them not to be delivered to suddenly scramble to the ACMI market or cancel and consolidate. On top of this - Jet2 already has established relationship with ACMI operators Air Tanker (lead to believe 3 A330 in MAN next year), Titan (3 A321 in STN this year, could easily probably grow that number and add them elsewhere in the network) and SmartLynx. As well as other operators - Air Europa (previous) and for a short period of time this month Evelop. They also like going into the used market and have been effective with this. TUI yet to do this.

TUI have a more difficult few months ahead over Jet2 due to the fleet. They spread themselves everywhere but thinly with the fleet and unable to compete on frequencies with Jet2 from regional airports (look at NCL-DLM for example of Jet2 5 v TUI 3, NCL-TFS Jet2 5 v TUI 2). TUI have advised they are adding 2,000,000 extra seats - i'm waiting with baited breath to find out where, to where, how many. This is what makes me also hold with baited breath - they've said put a lot into the press release with no evidence. Jet2 do the other way round, do the work, evidence it with flights on sale & in the timetable and then the press release.