PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - TUI Airways
Thread: TUI Airways
View Single Post
Old 13th Oct 2019, 19:11
ROC10

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Cazza_fly
No 738s have been modified. It's also caused issues with pax already this summer on flights that were planned to be on MAXs but now on 738s. It's actually a poor idea of TOM not to have had exactly the same cabin layouts to avoid that issue alone.
I can certainly imagine that being problematic – common sense would suggest to sell all with 738 layout and offer upgrades later but they’ll have their reasoning.

So I think this probably suggests that the above rumour around GLA having a 757 again next year is probably not true and that the additional extra legroom seats simply confirm what we know – GLA is planned to be a MAX-only base (as it was for S19). Of course, GLA may see the 1x738 and 1x757 arrangement again next year as it did this year; however this seems unlikely, especially if CPEV and OOBG are to be wfu this winter as has been suggested previously. I’d imagine LGW/MAN/BHX will probably have priority with 757s next year, with GLA and BRS probably each losing their final 757 in the next few weeks (757s were not even meant to be based at either base this summer).