PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Glen Buckley and Australian small business -V- CASA
Old 13th Oct 2019, 10:56
glenb

Received 70 Likes on 36 Posts
KM

KM, you claim that if I fail, CASA will have achieved a great PR opportunity.

I strongly disagree. I think that a strong message has been sent to the very few within CASA that choose to operate outside of CASA policies and procedures.

They now know, that if they choose to operate outside of those policies and procedures, and they take action that cannot be justified on safety or regulatory grounds. They will be held to account. Not by CASA, but by the recipients of that malpractice, and that will be done in the appropriate forum.

KM, go back to post 590, read my letter to the PM. The allegations against the personnel are probably the most substantive that could be levelled at someone. In any other organisation, and most certainly in the private sector, any Board would probably place the personnel on some sort of leave, eiher paid or not paid pending a sincere and genuine attempt to get to the bottom of the matter. You will recall, that if I am found to be incorrect, I would expect to be held fully accountable for any damage that I have unfairly bought to anyone's reputation.

Of the people that chose to get involved in this situation, 3 have already departed CASA, and I have taken them off my radar. I think you will see more leave the organisation prior to this getting to Court. As I said to Mr Crawford. I feel he will be left standing alone.

When this all comes out you will see how many hundreds of thousands of taxpayer dollars have been squandered trying to protect and cover up that malpractice.

The lack of accountability is something that I really didn't think could exist in a nations aviation safety regulator. To say I am shocked and in disbelief would be a significant understatement. Unfortunately we either have a CASA Board that has its head in the sand, or it is complicit. I fear the latter.

There can be no doubt that the vast majority of people within CASA are exceptional, but that small element causes so much damage to business and in fact compromises safety.

I do remind you that although it is I leading the charge. The CASA actions have resulted in two associated businesses closing, with the impact on those persons families as well.

So KM, please take that message back as you walk into work Monday morning wherever that may be, at whichever CASA office that is (perhaps)