PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Hawk XX204 Service Inquiry
View Single Post
Old 13th Oct 2019, 08:18
Dominator2

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
LOMCEVAK, and Rhino power, First apologies and second thanks. My memory clearly is failing. After your pictures and further investigation the EJECT LIGHT bought it back to me. No Command Eject on the F4K/M.

The first time that I flew with Command Eject was on the D/E models in the USA.

Remember well that the Wild Weasel Wing sent a detachment to Jever. At the end of the long transit from California the General decided to descend through cloud as a 6 ship for a flypast!! Two of the aircraft had a mid air and were lost. One of the WSOs initiated the Ejection and ejected himself and pilot from the ac. At the subsequent BOI the pilot stated that he thought that his aircraft MAY have been flyable. The General retired soon after as a Colonel!!

Our Wing Commander immediately sparked a near mutiny be trying to ban the use of Command Eject with WSOs in the rear seat as they were (in his opinion) unable to make the correct decision. After a heated Wing Meeting he was forced to rescind his decision. For the majority of flights in the USAF and GAF the Command Eject was set to Both.