PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - MAX’s Return Delayed by FAA Reevaluation of 737 Safety Procedures
Old 12th Oct 2019, 22:01
gums

Received 55 Likes on 16 Posts
Salute, Tak !!
replaced an elevator pushrod on a -200, and needed a couple of guys to go prove that they did it right, and that the plane would fly in manual reversion. We were chosen. Maintenance rode along, to give us a warm fuzzy. We got up to 33,000, I think it was, and then the mechanic turned off all four of the hydraulic pumps
On my LEF failure depicted in my bio link on my profile here. is what the maintenance crew forgot to check. The LEF tubing connevted to a hydraulic motor via a "spline" type joint and the tube gradually worked its way out as I taxied and rolled. An FCF may have caught this, but many procedures on the original Vipers did not require a check flight. Even replacing one of the four flight control computers didn:t.

I still wanna se the data from the wind up turns and st-level approach to stall profiles.

The 737 is not the old, antique cable and pulley system many here flew for two decades. Your test hop verifies this.

Gums sends...