PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Multiple unrelated Non-Normals in simulator training
Old 12th Oct 2019, 18:05
Jump Complete

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
My first OCC on a complex multi-crew type, experienced on single-pilot ops but zero experience multi-crew, I was given on the FIRST go an engine failure at V1 but with no Autofeather or Uptrim. This makes the (ATR) extremely hard to control and get to climb. Later, I was given pilot incap. My sim partner (himself an experienced FO but sandbagging in the left seat.) warned me previously not to be pressurised and take a 10 mile final etc. He ‘died’ after V1 before gear up. On downwind the instructor, pretending to be cabin crew looking after the captain was saying things like “how long, i think he’s dying.’ On final ‘Atc’ told me there was a 747 with an emergency and requested a go around. (Which got refused, obviously!)
Remember, I wasn’t a FO on potentially the last LPC prior to a Command Assessment or in an upgrade course, I was a new FO! There’s training, testing and I agree a degree of pressure is required, but pretending ATC is trying to prioritise another Mayday over your prior Mayday is just playing silly buggers.