PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - MAX’s Return Delayed by FAA Reevaluation of 737 Safety Procedures
Old 12th Oct 2019, 17:33
gums

Received 55 Likes on 16 Posts
Salute!
Thank you Member...
Well, the chickens are finally coming home to roost.
Mny of us wondered about the basic aero of the new 737 when we found out that Boeing had to add a doofer to require more back stick force ( not movement) as the plane got to "x" AoA. Not stall AoA!!!! An AoA where the requirements dictated increasing back stick as the plane approached "x" AoA. Not stall!! The p;lane already had a shaker to let clueless pilots know something was bad unless releasing back stick. The plane already had a speed/AoA thingie that reversed trim if you wnet faster or slower - STS. So what's another kludge to overcome basic aero problems for cable and pushrod and pulley controls?
I only flew one jet that had the stick lightening as it approched a subsonic stall, And I only felt it once, because I pulled more than I shou have and the wings were buffeting and even rocking a bit. Duhhh? Maybe you should ease off a bt, Gums?

The 737 needs a few test pilots to fly the damned thing with no MCAS or STS activated and then publish the pitch coefficients for AoA versus pitch tendency and control stick force/movement. True transparency. And a few of we lowly pilots might have the technical savvy to understand what the plots were telling us.

Later......

Gums sends...