PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - SIA Cadet Pilot - All Batches, Merged
View Single Post
Old 12th Oct 2019, 13:36
Little Birdie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by cwzy114
Hi guys,
Just got an email from HR asking me to have another medical review with Dr. Faizal Wahid at Fullerton Heath on Saturday. Can i ask if anyone had the same email before? If yes, what happened after that? What review should i be expecting? Hope someone could help me on this.
Cheers
The review is possibly due to some findings during your initial medical exam, or some test results come back as borderline unacceptable to SIA standards, even if it passes the CAAS standards. The fact that SIA is asking for a review instead of outright rejection means whatever was flagged in your medical report is possibly something that may become an issue down the road like pre-diabetic blood sugar level, unless lifestyle changes are made now.

Having said that however, your mileage might vary. You know your own level of fitness better than anyone else. Only two possible outcomes here, the condition turns out to be something that you can't change then possibly end of the road, or physician clears you and you proceed with the program. I have heard many cadets who have had the review to successfully proceed with the program, and very few who couldn't meet SIA standards and their journey ended there.

By the way you might want to refrain from posting very specific details on where, when, and who as regards your medical review on the internet just to be safe.