PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - More Fake Nonsense.
View Single Post
Old 11th Oct 2019, 10:51
EatMyShorts!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by stilton
Never understood the appeal of bizav
Nice, shiny equipment but small and cramped, I’ve got several friends that have flown everything from private citations to vip 777 and I can’t believe what they have to put up with
From ridiculously long duty days and carrying passenger bags to emptying the aircraft toilet, always being on call and in many cases having to comply with whatever the owner wants you to do I don’t know how they attract any pilots
The airline experience (reputable ones) is infinitely better
That's why some pilots can count themselves lucky by working for Netjets. As explained above by a colleague who prefers to be at home on call all the time (pun intended! :P ) we never have this: fixed roster that you can rely on 100%, nobody forces you to do extend or similar, ultimately, no issues with the company when reporting fatigued or sick, very nice colleagues. The only thing that some people, coming from big jets, might not like is flying an Embraer Phenom or a Citation XLS, they are a bit cramped, but the colleagues will make up for it and we do NOT clean toilets ourselves.

PS: and the flying is fun. Yes, we are still allowed to fly planes, we are not dumb system operators anymore.