PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Thomson recruitment.
View Single Post
Old 10th Oct 2019, 23:49
Lazydogg

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by macdo
I think if you read the communication released by TUI and by their CC it is clear that they are taking the 50 TCX skippers on because they don't have the training capacity to promote enough FO's into the left seats created by the sudden rapid and unexpected expansion of their s20 operation. Now, in a balanced world the TUI FO's in the command pool may feel aggrieved, but had TCX not gone bust it is likely that the same number of them will have got upgraded as will now. Handled badly, this could really sour industrial relations, but it really shouldn't if sufficient effort is made to explain to the TUI FO's that they have not been disadvantaged. Sadly, history tends to not show that hese things are handled well, so fingers crossed eh?
I am 100 percent certain I know what the TUI FOs I have spoken with today would say to that. Those same TUI FOs who have waited patiently for command opportunities that are scarce enough as it is. Apparently some of them (up until 1330ish today) have heard nothing yet from the CC. If that’s true, it’s a disgrace in my opinion. If TCX pilots want to join TUI then they should be joining at the bottom of the list as FOs like the existing guys and girls did. Some of the FOs don’t even know if the CRB has sat yet, and what it all means in terms of their potential career progression going forward.
I have always shrugged my shoulders and said “decent career move can’t knock it” when many an FO I’ve flown with over the last number of years has said they are joining TUI. For what’s it’s worth I won’t be anymore if this shambles goes ahead. I wish no bad on the TCX guys, but I genuinely feel for the guys in the RHS at TUI.

Its absolutely wrong and you know it MACDO. Would this have happened in TCX if the roles were reversed?

Last edited by Lazydogg; 11th Oct 2019 at 00:10.