PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Pension Horror - Annual Allowance
View Single Post
Old 10th Oct 2019, 16:38
VinRouge

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Lima Juliet
VinRouge

To get the AFPS15 return at age 60 as a Sqn Ldr PAS or Wg Cdr you would need to invest ~£3,500/month after tax - that is about £5k/month before tax. So, if you invest £42k a year you will be busting your annual allowance and also bust your lifetime allowance by ~£500k. So I’m not sure where you get your figures from? I got mine by using the Standard Life Pension Calculator: https://www.standardlife.co.uk/c1/pe...alculator.page

AFPS75, AFPS05 and AFPS15 are bloody good pensions and it is one of the main things that people hang around for as a remunerative measure. Can you share how you think your civvy pension pot will be any better or more tax efficient than anyone on AFPS?
Because my civilian pot is real and cannot be changed on a political whim.

The military one can, has been and looks as though it very well could get fiddled with again in the future.

There is no personal military pot. They have already changed the discount rate used within the past 2 years, making it even more unaffordable for MoD who have to fund it. Why was that, and what are the figures for a gash shag line pilot not SO1? And what percentage of the OF5 salary is 90k contribution? Sounds to me they have made a non contributory scheme very much so through the back door.

Last edited by VinRouge; 10th Oct 2019 at 17:15.