PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - 'Activist' Glues Himself to BA Jet
View Single Post
Old 10th Oct 2019, 16:05
Airbubba

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
'Activist' Glues Himself to BA Jet

From The Sun:

An Extinction Rebellion protester glued himself to the top of a British Airways plane at London City Airport today.

The man, identified by Extinction Rebellion as former Paralympic cyclist James Brown, was seen clinging to the aircraft in a video streamed online by the protest group.

Brown, who is visually impaired, was arrested at Heathrow last month after a protest which saw some Extinction Rebellion activists try to fly a drone near the airport.

The 54-year-old, a former Paralympic athlete who won a bronze medal at London 2012, glued himself to the top of a BA Embraer 190 jet.

Brown, who is visually impaired, was arrested at Heathrow last month after a protest which saw some Extinction Rebellion activists try to fly a drone near the airport.

The 54-year-old, a former Paralympic athlete who won a bronze medal at London 2012, glued himself to the top of a BA Embraer 190 jet.
In a video he posted online he said: "Here I am on top of a f****** aeroplane at City Airport. I hate heights, I'm s******* myself, I managed to get on the roof. I am so shaky.

"This is all about the climate and ecological crisis, we’re protesting against government inaction on climate and ecological breakdown. They declare a climate emergency and then do nothing about it.

"In fact they go the opposite direction, they sanction the expansion of airports, Heathrow, Bristol and others. We can’t let this go on, we can't have our cake and eat it.

"He later noticed security were approaching and said: Oh good security are coming. I hope they don’t take too long because this is f****** scary".
He was eventually removed.
https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/101040...day-shut-down/