PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Manchester-2
Thread: Manchester-2
View Single Post
Old 10th Oct 2019, 08:10
116d

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by FFMAN
A lot to be said for travel agents tbh.
I consider myself a very savvy flyer on account of the sheer volume that I have to do. When I want a nice holiday, I'm more than capable of sitting down with a laptop and trawling endless hours over this website and that but you can't beat just sitting in front of a human and saying this is what I want and when,
On business travel I still find I use travel agents to get me a better deal or some angle I hadn't considered even though I use the t'internet to check out possible routings / timings etc
Indeed. I too consider myself savvy enough to be able to put together my own package and have done so many times, however I suspect "indies" such as Hays are more flexible when it comes to putting together something more bespoke than some of the bigger brands that are more restricted to their own stock.

Even for the exact same itinerary, it can sometimes work out cheaper to book as a package with a travel agent than it is to do it yourself. It would be silly not to dismiss them without seeing what they can come up with.