PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Jet2-5
Thread: Jet2-5
View Single Post
Old 9th Oct 2019, 07:08
castleford tiger

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by inOban
Living life as a single parent on Universal Credit must involve a level of stress which I have never had to endure. Perhaps her parents offered to look after the child for a couple of weeks to give her a break? We don't know the whole story. However someone should have told to come back early on a repatriation flight.
Life is full of choices and some are drawn to keep making bad ones. We all have family/relatives some who fall into this trap.

The best we had was whilst filming with a BBC crew at a food bank (to which we were regular suppliers of fresh produce) I got into conversation with two very attractive ladies late 20`s early 30`s and enquired why they needed the support of the food bank.
No chance of work as the kids were at school only 6 hours and of course holidays were a problem.
I asked if they would be interested in "term time only work and 9 till 3"
Both dived into their bags for the phones to take my number..............unbelievably both had top of the range mobiles/tablets in which they recorded my number. Neither got in touch but we did, and still do employ 2 young mums on a term time only contract.
I live in an area not associated with its wealth, and many food banks do a roaring trade. However its rare to see a house without Sky/cable tv.
I am afraid a great number of people have the wrong priorities.