PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Pilot checklist oversight saw passengers at possible risk of hypoxia
Old 8th Oct 2019, 19:03
morno

Received 324 Likes on 121 Posts
Originally Posted by Centaurus
Few aircraft have the perfect cockpit.
Some need more care in switch flicking than others, that's all. If you thought the 737 has a few ergonomic issues, take a gander at the Vickers Viscount and Concorde cockpits - among others. That said, I would prefer to cope with ergonomic problems than flying certain well known types with throttles that don't move and side stick controllers that work independently leaving one pilot to guess if the other guy will leave his flare too late and shake the false teeth of elderly passengers..
I agree with the sidestick thing. I think that Airbus should have come up with a way to integrate that into the design.

But the thrust levers.... give me an example of when it’s been a problem. I’ve been flying the Bus for several years now and it doesn’t take that long to adjust to. Makes you think a bit more about what the engines are doing rather than an expectation through a thrust lever position.

Give me an ergonomic, well laid out, and easy to use Airbus overhead panel over anything Boeing every day of the week!