PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - MAX’s Return Delayed by FAA Reevaluation of 737 Safety Procedures
Old 8th Oct 2019, 15:25
Maninthebar

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by n5296s
I'm sure EASA's views aren't even ever so slightly influenced by Trump's announcement to impose big tariffs on European imports because of Boeing's complaints about the A380 financing. Not even ever so slightly. Goodness me no, we hadn't even heard about it. Now, about this item on page 287, we don't believe we have been fully briefed on that. Unfortunately that will have to be handled by Herr Doktor Schmidt, who is on leave until January. Yes, 2020. I think. No, I told you, we hadn't even heard about the tariffs.

Seriously, I can't help feeling that the tariff move could be the end of the road for the MAX.
To be honest, I'm not so sold on this angle - too many big businesses in Europe (and worldwide) are dependant on the continued health of Boeing whether it is manufacturing bits or simply flying the planes. Most European governments have already been burnt by airlines failing and could very much do with more failures