PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Australian pilots can work for US regionals.
Old 8th Oct 2019, 12:33
Captain.Crunch

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by bafanguy
C.C,

Yep, a reasonable assumption...at least for your planning/attitude purposes. You won't know until the base bids come out once you're there, I'd assume. Losing the DL flying does put a certain air of uncertainty in the mix but that isn't necessarily a game killer.

Have you checked on Expressjet ? As usual, you can read positives and negatives about them but I don't think they're an unreasonable possibility.

There's a good bit of turmoil in the regional world at the moment but that seems to be part of the game. But, for your purposes of getting some airline experience, most regionals will fill that square.
Bafanguy,

yeah from what I am hearing, ORD will become the most senior base with EWR most junior. They are aiming for roughly 150 pilots based in EWR and of the current base options would be my preference, but we will see how that pans out. I am also looking at Expressjet, hence why I am after current info from Gojet pilots to help with my planning. I’d prefer to fly a CRJ over the E145 and I hear chances of getting the E175 are less than 50/50 at moment. Would be more than happy on CRJ550/700/900 if the water is fine at Gojet!

And yes I agree there isn’t much difference once the logbook is ticking!

C.C