PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - OFFICER and AIRCREW 'CANDIDATES' PLEASE READ THIS THREAD FIRST!
Old 8th Oct 2019, 11:12
NDW

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Hawk98
Hi all,

Don't post on here often but thought I would for once. Long story short I initially applied to the RAF around two and a half years ago for Pilot/WSO, went off to Cranwell and passed CBAT for all roles. Next was my filter interview, at which point the Sgt who held the interview suggested that I come back in three months to do it again, as he felt that I didn't have the necessary 'life experience' to make it through the latter stage of OASC being 18 at the time. Anyway got busy working at Jaguar and applied again a month or so ago, but this time, whilst booked at the AFCO for my P2 presentation next week, they would like me to complete the Airman Selection Test despite not applying for any airman roles - is this standard practice now from anyone else's experience? Assuming it filters out anyone who doesn't make the grade without the expense of sending them up to Lincolnshire?

Thanks,
Hawk
When I first applied for WSOp back in 2010, WSOp use to be part of the Airman Selection Test along with SNCO ATC etc.

Not sure if they'd ever reintroduce that (of if they have) but when I sat my AST (granted a year ago) there was no indication they had.

Best of luck.