PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Jet2-5
Thread: Jet2-5
View Single Post
Old 7th Oct 2019, 19:26
JonnyH

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I think there is some far fetched theories going on in this thread. The only A321s Jet2 will be getting are the likes of Smartlynx and Titan - I very much doubt they’ll take any of the TCX fleet unless they happen to be leasing from an airline that have taken on some of the old fleet.

i think they will stay cautious. It’s a very difficult time for the economy and don’t they know it - Brexit, weak pound, high fuel prices. Jet2 are very good at what they do, there’s absolutely no denying that, but they’ll have everything in mind and I highly doubt they’ll take any risks or make any rash decisions. If the MAX was to come back into service it may increase the availability and reduce the cost of leased aircrafts, which would help, but that is a massive IF.

i think the likes of NCL, GLA, BHX and STN can probably only realistically hope for 2 at most additionally based aircraft, on some days, and then MAN will probably get the additional A330 from Tanker and some of other leased aircraft.

I think people hoping Jet2 taking on numerous additional aircraft on will probably be disappointed come next summer unless something massively changes. After all, less demand is going to lead to higher prices with higher loads, why would they take unnecessary risks?