PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Vulcan Bomb-Aimer Position
View Single Post
Old 7th Oct 2019, 18:39
Slow Biker

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts
Lauriebe, great pictures. Unfortunately, as a callow 20yr old I didn't appreciate I was living and working on a tropical paradise! I did enjoy it though. We entertained ourselves, plenty of badminton with the Malay deck hands off the marine craft (they were too good for me),fishing most days. The Indian cook kept us well fed, but he refused to cook a curry although the fitter who looked after the generators would make a mean one at the weekend. Occasionally one of the local fishing boats would call us over if they caught a decent size barracuda, a swap of couple of tins of peaches would secure supper. I enjoyed being transported to work by the Target Towing Launch, two Sea Griffon engines gave quite a turn of speed; not so much fun on the landing craft fully loaded with fresh (!) water.

PN. You probably destroyed the lights on the high level target; we would go out at dusk to light two sets of lights for night bombing. Rather pleased your off-set equipment worked, otherwise your 100lb'er could have destroyed our bar.