PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Cardiff City Footballer Feared Missing after aircraft disappeared near Channel Island
Old 7th Oct 2019, 09:50
Hot 'n' High

Received 10 Likes on 6 Posts
Originally Posted by meleagertoo
I'm afraid it comes under the "all too difficult" heading at the CAA. I expect they have a pretty good idea who is doing this .........
Sadly the case meleagertoo, and not helped at all by the regulators themselves who actively "approve" the Wingly's of this world and, thereby, seem to further cloud the "grey" area - even in the minds of those of us involved in the industry. What hope does "Joe (and/or Jacquie!) Public" have to be aware of the legal questions/pitfalls of such flights?

As it is, there is another thread running about how active pilots gloss over the risks involved with GA when just talking to their loved ones - in case they get "grounded" by their families! If we pilots have difficulty justifying the risks.....

Occasionally there are cases where prosecutions are successful but, sadly, usually after the event when the evidence is, ahem, planted in a field (as in the case of the Barton Birdwatchers)! As has been previously stated, I think the Insurers will be the ones to lead on this - not that a little matter such as the integrity of the insurance cover will overly worry those involved in such practices.

What a mess! H 'n' H