PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Flying GA in to Mildura
View Single Post
Old 7th Oct 2019, 09:10
OzCountryFlyer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hi I may of missed your weekend away... I have been speaking with Bill BURKE, Chief Exec of Mildura Airport. And made some comments to him about ‘the lack of enthusiasm for GA at the airport.. I’m sure he won’t mind me putting some of his comments, in context to the forum.

Mildura Airport is not operated by Mildura Rural City Council. It is a Corporate entity acting on behalf of the Council.
Fuel is Available via World Fuel Services who took over from Mobil some time ago. There have been changes to aspects of service delivery with WFS and a new fuel facility is in the process of being delivered.
With regards aircraft parking, the negative comments reflect a small window in time when we will admit, parking facilities were far from perfect.
We now offer a substantial grassed apron with cable tie down.
The larger areas of bitumen pavement have, by necessity, been reserved for RPT and heavier aircraft

I then replied to to him and he is keen to address the negative comments.... he went onto say.

I am a Commercial Pilot myself and if I look objectively at Mildura, I see a Regional Airport with facilities that are second to none.
We have great tie down facilities, a well equipped GA lounge with free coffee and tea facilities and soon to be a new relocated Avgas fuelling facility with credit card capability that gets around the old canate card system.
Further to that, the price at pump will be pegged to an index that reflects fuel price at several other capital city locations and increased only to reflect transport cost.
Additionally, avgas will be available from truck delivery if required.
The airport has a comprehensive cafe in the main terminal that is open during hours of RPT departures

From my brief conversation he is he is keen to set the record straight.... and keen to have GA visit.... re costs, that’s a conversation for another time.
maybe worth a new look