PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - MAX’s Return Delayed by FAA Reevaluation of 737 Safety Procedures
Old 6th Oct 2019, 22:18
yanrair

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Rated De
In the first instance one ought assume corruption.
Corruption is endemic. From regulatory structure, manufacturing, corporate governance, government practice and indeed in the conduct of individual lives.

Integrity has no financial upside, doing the right thing isn't usually profitable.

Two crashes and 346 lives will not undo what society has become.
hi there Rated De
my god you are cynical! The biggest driver to make your airplane or airline as safe as it can be should be that this is how to stay in business. Crash twice and as we see it’s all over for a long time. I can name several airlines that went out of business on this premise.
An old saying in our airline “ if you think Safety is expensive, try having a crash or two!” The touchy-feely part about empathy for our customers etc, comes with the hard nosed business model free of charge. If you make your planes fly safely at whatever cost, it’s money well spent and passengers are as safe as can be.
Now some are saying that Boeing are taking chances with that business model deliberately. I would be amazed if that were true. That they might have screwed up the MCAS design is without doubt, but I don’t think it was a Machiavellian plot.
Yan