PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - MAX’s Return Delayed by FAA Reevaluation of 737 Safety Procedures
Old 6th Oct 2019, 15:48
Notanatp

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by GordonR_Cape
I could have a lengthy argument about your statement, but that would take us off topic. Regulators clearly think that pilot workload played a role in the crashes, and the MAX will remain grounded until training issues are dealt with: https://www.reuters.com/article/us-e...-idUSKBN1WJ2IU
If you "could have a lengthy argument about [my] statement", then you could probably also summarize so it would be less lengthy.

And it's far from clear why that would be off topic. The thread has to do with reevaluation of 737 safety procedures and the need for clearer crew alerting has been discussed here extensively.

As for what regulators think, it's far from clear from the Reuters article what regulators think about the role of startle and workload in the accidents. The actual quote was vague, and the rest was the reporter's interpretation. As I said, nobody would argue with the general proposition that lots of lights and alarms can be a distraction. But that doesn't mean fewer lights and alarms would have made any difference in these accidents.