PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Thought provoking article by Peter Cromarty
Old 5th Oct 2019, 23:32
Duck Pilot

Received 55 Likes on 38 Posts
With no disrespect to Peter, he has completely missed the boat if that's his opinion. Having come through GA both as an apprentice, then a pilot in Australia and then getting totally frustrated with CASA, I decided to jump the fence and get into CASA to try and change the world (how dumb was I!!!). After 3 years, 2 of which were spent on the same floor in Canberra with Peter when he was in the chair as well, I become totally frustrated and disillusioned as to what I was doing as nothing was progressing. The projects that I was working on were just going around and around in circles - I was working on Part 91 and 135. How much has progressed on Part 91 and 135 (in my opinion) since I left Canberra in 2016 - Zero. The bureaucratic system doesn't allow things to progress quickly. The problem isn't actually caused by CASA in my opinion, it's actually above CASA right through to the big haus down the road with the flag on it.

Lots of good people in CASA, however most of them eventually become disillusioned and frustrated and end up leaving.

The government must make General Aviation conducive for it to be vibrant. Too noose it up with complicated regulations, high associated costs with compliance and then to blame other infrastructures such as roads and budget airlines, I believe the decision makers in Canberra have totally got it wrong.

Last edited by Duck Pilot; 6th Oct 2019 at 01:20.