PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Aeros/Skyborne - Experience/past Students/reputation
Old 5th Oct 2019, 19:07
CaptainPugwash12

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I saw the skybourne one, its a fancy website and I would imagine a similar price to L3/CAE, another one trying to break into the market, I would imagine its ex senior staff from L3 or CAE with big funding behind it.

Stay with a school that you know someone personally who went there and passed with the exact instructor and try and replicate that. As your modular I would stay away from those big schools and save some of your hard earned money to buy a home sim for practicing for airline jobs, lots of other options.

I would stay away from Aeros, they have a bad reputation in many places as being very corrupt and greedy. Several accidents have happened with students that have not been reported due to poor maintenance of aircraft, in particular this one horrible accident last year. Word on the ground is that he was forced to fly as the ARC was expiring the next day, despite being maintenance a push back away they flew to Gloucester to save a few hundred pounds and so the student could pay for the flight and they would make money on it: https://www.gov.uk/aaib-reports/aaib...ior-iii-g-wavs. It stinks of pure greed and while flying is fun, this behaviour must not be tolerated so walk with your feet.

I also heard airlines are staying away from Aeros graduates due to the poor standards.

Wherever you choose, best of luck!