PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Stapleford or Aeros flight training
View Single Post
Old 5th Oct 2019, 18:58
CaptainPugwash12

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I would stay at Stapleford if its close to home, time and money saved and you can just pop down if a last minute cancellation and/or if a flight was weathered off you can nip home, no drama, takes the pressure off and it does add when your paying £450 an hours for a twin....

Not sure what licence your doing but if its a PPL stay away from a commercial school, go to a flying club first, cheaper and less $ orientated then go to commercial school if its what you want to do.

I did some training at Aeros and I found them to very dishonest, as per previous post I put, they regularly take deposits off people, one chap was charged £5,000 for uniform! I spoke with him directly, it did happen and he was looking at small claims court to get it back. They have also had a few crashes not reported and this big one last year which I believe is a criminal charge now: https://www.gov.uk/aaib-reports/aaib...ior-iii-g-wavs. I have heard that airlines are staying away from Aeros students due to the bad reputation.

Wherever you choose, good luck in your studies and enjoy it!