PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - MAX’s Return Delayed by FAA Reevaluation of 737 Safety Procedures
Old 5th Oct 2019, 18:23
yanrair

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hi Pilot Mike
As I said, how very convenient for yanrair, but how highly inconvenient for the affected crews and their unfortunate passengers. Obviously, yanrair should have been there to help, with the benefit of all their expert knowledge of the future, which presumably would require some extraordinary psychic powers. What an amazing claim.UNQUOTE
See my reply further down to Bend a lot where I cover your issues. Except the one about the secret MCAS. Yes it was a secret, but it is only one of several electrical inputs to the STAB motor such as STS, Mach Trim, Auto trim, and electric trim. The RESULT of any of this including MCAS is that the stab moves in an uncommanded manner and puts the plane out of trim. The pilot does not need to know which system is causing the problem. That is the point. There is one procedure which covers any uncommanded trim and that is the RUNAWAY STAB PROCEDURE and the AD makes this very clear.
So taking your point, there is possibly some excuse for the first crew not knowing what to do but in the second after the AD and presumably lots of training input from the airline?
Yan