PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Manchester-2
Thread: Manchester-2
View Single Post
Old 5th Oct 2019, 10:50
MANFOD

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Rutan16, you sound quite informed about the Saudi flights which have been going for several years now at MAN.
I think you'll find CabinCrewe prefers to post negative comments about MAN, rather than any good news about new routes or decent load factors.

What struck me about Scottie's excellent stats were the exceptional loads experienced by the likes of United on their B764, and, despite the current troubles in Hong Kong, 88% achieved by CX. Yes, we don't have specific data about revenue and yields, and there will be seasonal variations, but it never looks to me as if fares are particularly cheap, and if seat plans are anything to go by the premium sections are often well patronised. The high loads on SFO and LAX suggest there is scope for VS to reintroduce SFO and expand their services at least on a seasonal basis.

As for flybe, I did notice that from November, flights to Glasgow are shown as 1 stop via Southampton, which is rather absurd. We wait to see how the flybe / Virgin / Connect operation develops.