PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Moron
Thread: Moron
View Single Post
Old 5th Oct 2019, 07:48
Okihara

Location: Currently: A landlocked country with high terrain, otherwise Melbourne, Australia + Washington D.C.
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Duck Pilot
Obviously you people commenting about this story have absolutely no idea about anything with regards to mental illnesses. I’m not defending the young guy, however please show some respect.

Based on the media reports, the young bloke involved probably requires a lot of support and encouragement.

The negative comments being bantered here does not help. Just wait until you or a close family member suffers from a mental illness and you will know exactly what I’m referring to.....

I am not defending the guy, however I believe he could do with a lot of positive support right now.
Just to be clear, Asperger's syndrome and autism are conditions, not mental illnesses. Now that this has been clarified, I'd still like to add that I find it very, very, very, ..., very unlikely that his condition was anything more than a pretext/excuse for what he did. I might of course be wrong but I'm very, very, very, ..., very comfortable with my assessment of the likelihood that I am not. And like others said, using "mental illness" or "personal issues due to X/Y that occurred at times past" as an excuse for wrongdoings is highly dishonest and disrespectful of those who actually suffer from those ailments.