PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Flying GA in to Mildura
View Single Post
Old 5th Oct 2019, 04:48
Old Akro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
[QUOTE=youngmic;10586442]t

No landing fee.

Fuel is par for course.

ASIC requirements are zero, just have one on you.

Exiting from the apron, not overly tedious unless you normally have a minion open the gate for you, otherwise simply push the green button near the gate and it opens all by it self, you still have to walk through it though.

GA parking is on grass, you wouldn't damage your prop even if you mowed the stuff with it, not a stone in sight.

The last airport ARO I met was a super friendly bloke

Youngmic

I get billed $49 & some cents for landing at Mildura plus $11 per day parking. Want to see the invoice? It’s a privately owned, private category light twin.

Fuel currently is $2.35 at Mildura. Moorabbin is $2.00 and Tyabb $2.05. I used to divert to Mildura to buy fuel because it was cheaper than Melbourne.

I used to park directly outside the GA gate at the Aero Club. Now the airport won’t even allow it for Angel Flight pick ups

You might have found a nice ARO, but have you met the CEO?

When I took him to show him the GA parking area surface, even he admitted it was poor and allowed me to park in the run up bay. Since then I make arrangements to use a private hangar. However, the last 3 times I’ve just required fuel, I go to Wentworth.

There used to be a toilet airside - its been removed. I used to love the coffee and carrot cake at the shop. Now you need to go through the full x-ray screening and chemical swab treatment. If I want coffee, its easier to take your own coffee bag and use the hot water in the aero club.

It used to be that pretty much every time I stopped for fuel there would be another aircraft getting fuel. Earlier this year when my aircraft was there for 10 days, I never saw another GA aircraft on the apron during the period.

Speaking of the aero club, they are seriously being persecuted by the airport. The club has lost its visiting aircraft parking, the ability to park and aeroplane out the front to load passengers - its even lost its car parking adjacent to the club.