View Single Post
Old 4th Oct 2019, 14:34
youngmic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
t
he landing fee is extortion =left
the fuel is expensive=left
the ASIC requirements and entry / exit from the tarmac is tedious.=left
the GA parking is an absolute scandal. the surface is just plain dangerous to props. I won’t park our twin in the GA area and I make arrangements to park it privately. =left
the staff are snooty
No landing fee.

Fuel is par for course.

ASIC requirements are zero, just have one on you.

Exiting from the apron, not overly tedious unless you normally have a minion open the gate for you, otherwise simply push the green button near the gate and it opens all by it self, you still have to walk through it though.

GA parking is on grass, you wouldn't damage your prop even if you mowed the stuff with it, not a stone in sight.

The last airport ARO I met was a super friendly bloke, even after a jammed curtis valve during DI leaving a huge stain on the bitumen (old GA parking area) he shrugged it off. And I can assure you the GM is pro GA and from a GA background, sadly there has (since gone) been a ramp official that has been anything but an appropriate ambassador for a regional airport. He was good sport to get a rise out of though.

Old Akro, you're not related to Marven the manically depressed robot from the The Hitch Hikers Guide to the Galaxy by chance are you?