PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Norwegian Lay offs
View Single Post
Old 3rd Oct 2019, 19:59
Vokes55

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by bringbackthe80s
Wake up. Respecting your employees does not mean using them when you need them and drop them when you don’t. Honestly I can’t believe this
So what do you suggest Norwegian do? Keep everyone employed on full time contracts when they have 25+ aircraft fewer than they planned? That makes great business sense.

Originally Posted by SaulGoodman

The fact that you might work for scumbags doesn’t make it right... I’ve lost 8 years career progression due to redundancy, that is quite a bitch I can tell you..

Having said this; if you apply for Norwegian as a contractor, you should know in advance that you are amongst the first ones out when the **** truly hits the fan. Nevertheless, good luck with seeking new opportunities (again).
Who said where I work? I’ve taken unpaid leave because I wanted to as a lifestyle choice that was offered to me, because despite what the willy-wavers in the BA thread might tell you, there’s more to life than working 900 hours per year. I certainly wouldn’t call my employers scumbags either, but seeing as this thread is awash with personal attacks from people about people they not only don’t know, but have no idea who they work for or any other life circumstances, I’ll join in and suggest maybe your 8 years lost career progression was due to your own life choices, and not anybody else’s fault.

Originally Posted by Plastic787

So if you’re such a snowflake that you can’t stand to hear people raise quite reasonable questions about Norwegian’s questionable finances might I suggest a Professional Pilots Rumour Network is not really the place for you.
Let’s face it, you’re just another BA pilot who’s been brainwashed by his management into believing that Norwegian are the reason your T&Cs have become so dire. I’m surprised you found time in between your 6 long haul trips per month to post on here, let alone on a topic that doesn’t concern you at all.

But in answer to your question, tell me how the ‘news’ at the top of the thread is linked to the company’s “questionable finances”, with evidence.