PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Manchester-2
Thread: Manchester-2
View Single Post
Old 3rd Oct 2019, 11:41
zfw

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Very true FFMAN my travel agaent i.e wife, is absolutely besides herself cannot believe how much Manchester carriers are jacking up the prices, i know there is supply and demand and then theres absolute greed. Two weeks ago on Skyscanner you could get £275 to NYC on United, priced the same dates up in late Feb 2 days ago and it was £774 each. Our travelling partners to BGI this New year are flying on the B.A Beach fleet now at christmas for £770 each, which is considerably less than VS offer from Man on the same dates, but its that hellish trek back from LGW when you have just survived a 9 hour flight.
On the morning of TCXs demise we shot out of bed to book for next years May Florida trip where we have already booked accomadation, managed to get Econ out and Prem back for £1500, still £400 over TCXs Prem both ways, but at least we are defo going now. Later in the day Econ only was £2660.
It may be a blip because of the immediate shortfall of flights, some more may come along, but at what price?.
Friends and family have already remarked that at these prices there will be no takers including themselves.