PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Norwegian Lay offs
View Single Post
Old 3rd Oct 2019, 10:32
SaulGoodman

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Vokes55

I think you’ve misunderstood my point. I’m tired of hearing every single negative rumour about Norwegian as some sort of indication that they’re about to collapse, seemingly to some fanfare from the ignorant souls on the internet who have little to no care about the welfare of those who will lose their jobs.

Ryanair are telling pilots to take 12 months unpaid leave. I am taking unpaid leave in my organisation, voluntarily. Cabin crew are hired on seasonal contracts in a lot of airlines. Here’s some news to some people: The winter is quieter than the summer. And if you have a number of aircraft grounded on top of that, of course companies are going to ask people to take unpaid leave. From what I understand, nobody in Norwegian is being forced into anything, they’ve just been given a number of options which may or may not appeal to them. What happens if they don’t get the required number of volunteers, I don’t know.

So repeat, change the record.
The fact that you might work for scumbags doesn’t make it right... I’ve lost 8 years career progression due to redundancy, that is quite a bitch I can tell you..

Having said this; if you apply for Norwegian as a contractor, you should know in advance that you are amongst the first ones out when the **** truly hits the fan. Nevertheless, good luck with seeking new opportunities (again).