PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Thomas Cook-2
Thread: Thomas Cook-2
View Single Post
Old 3rd Oct 2019, 08:32
howard h

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Well, yesterday I has to return from Ibiza on the Cook's CAA rescue flight. learned ahead that three flights, Manchester, Newcastle, Glasgow were being combined into one - thought how will they manage that?? Anyhow, turned up at the airport 2.5hrs ahead of the flight, was almost the first in the queue at check-in. Throughout the airport there must have been at least 10 ATOL helpers - really good show.

Got my ticket so had time for a wander round outside before going through security. And in the end there were about 40 on the plane, one to a row!! So would the original flights have been almost empty?? Or had the other customers found their own way home?? We got a free baguette and cake on the aircraft (Iberia) + water and coffee - nothing to buy ie. bar.

On arrival in Glasgow there was an ATOL attendant greeting us, and the three coach drivers. I explained I was getting the train - no point in a 4hr+ journey to Manchester Airport and then doubling back - but overall I was totally impressed by the organisation and give my thanks to everyone involved; so was at the airport 8am local time and arrived back home 7pm. If I'd known everything was gonna be that smooth I would have enjoyed my break more!! So ATOL/CAA, Iberia, Virgin and finally my little 574 bus - x x x *mwah*.