PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - MAX’s Return Delayed by FAA Reevaluation of 737 Safety Procedures
Old 3rd Oct 2019, 01:15
Grebe

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Loose rivets
Grebe, ( I note your background) while your links are substantial, I feel that the suggestion we delve that deep rather counters your protest about the need to delve say, into the clutches, on a thread such as this. Having read every post since Novemeber, certain design logic is still not clear even to overview level. An overview is all this old-timer can hope to achieve. However, I go on to a snippet -

Can you answer simply, how the cable system and manual trim wheels can be powered to run after the electric thumb switches have been released? I'm discounting the autopilot since it's just a comparable alternative clutch drive. Was it just the spin-down of the main electric motor which should by then have been decoupled?

The suggestion that a clutch could be binding when not selected is more than a little disturbing.
NO I cannot and will not- I was not the designer, nor worked in the area of flight controls, nor the manufacturer, nor the inspector, etc.
AS I've said - IF you really want credible information- go to the vendor and/or the Boeing company. Look up possibly appropriate patents, etc.

I have no need to do further research that you are unwilling to do for yourself. I have given you several leads and locations to aid you.Thats considerably more then most posters

Have a good day - BYE!