PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Melbourne Air Traffic Control
View Single Post
Old 2nd Oct 2019, 10:25
Showa Cho

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by Weapons Grade
As a suggestion: all ATCs' KPIs should be linked to traffic efficiency, and without caveats - a flight takes either a COBT or airborne delay, ALL ATCs KPIs take a percentile hit. I am sure that will have their collective minds focused on safe, expeditious and EFFICIENT traffic management. And, do not get me started with traffic holding fuel and who pays for it, but who should pay for it when traffic holding invoked.
Do you really think the coal face ATCs have anything to do with COBTs apart from issuing them? How about we link pilot pays to mechanical performance - if you declare a plane U/S, you take percentile hit. ATC has about the same influence on COBTs as pilots have on mechanical/technical unserviceability of their aircraft.

I think we focus on the extra runways and more flexible runway nomination criteria. Aircraft have a maximum crosswind allowance, and ATC has one too as per legislation. If the two are different, they need to be reviewed. Neither pilots or ATCs should be put in a position where they feel the only way to make things happen is to break the rules.