PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - IR to PIFR
Thread: IR to PIFR
View Single Post
Old 2nd Oct 2019, 01:24
macedonranges

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
IR to PIFR

I have changed my IR to a PIFR and I am now having the biggest argument with CASA about the validity of my last IPC
Had a IPC in Aug 18 --- making it valid for one year end of AUG 19
Added PIFR to my rating --therefore my understanding and my instructors understanding is that the validity of the IPC for the PIFR is till AUG 20 when then next IPC will be due

CASA are saying that I would need to conduct a new IPC for the PIFR to be valid

I have been through the regs and found various comments including below EX93/18

Can anyone help me with comments about this as at the moment I am so confused about this.

What effect does exemption CASA EX93/18 have on instrument proficiency checks (IPCs)?

The IPC exemption means pilots don’t have to have a valid IPC for a pilot type rating to be authorised to exercise the privileges of the pilot type rating. Instead, pilots need to have a valid IPC for a relevant type rated aircraft. There are three criteria relate to the type rating you are exercising:
  • if you want to exercise the privileges of a pilot type rating, you must have a valid IPC for any type-rated aircraft of the same category that was completed within the previous 24 months
  • if you want to exercise the privileges of a single-pilot turbojet aeroplane type rating, you must have a valid IPC for any single-pilot turbojet aeroplane type rating that was completed within the previous 24 months
  • if you want to exercise the privileges of a multi-crew pilot type rating, you must have a valid IPC for any multi-crew type-rating for an aircraft of the same category that was completed within the previous 24 months.